My CPD is a free service offered by E2 Solutions to all SASA Members.
SASA’s CPD offering includes CPD certificates for congress attendance and the SAJAA CPD Programme is now exclusively available as a My CPD activity: (3 CEUs per edition, 18 CEUs per annum)
To participate in the online journal CPD, SASA members should login on this website (Click on Business Unit tab) and click on My CPD to complete the online questionnaire. Questionnaires are marked and certificates available immediately. Three CEUs are awarded if the pass rate is more than 70% and each member is allowed two attempts.
To obtain a username and password if you are a paid-up member, please contact……….
The SAJAA CPD programme is exclusively available to SASA members. The printed copy plus a loose questionnaire is inserted in each edition and sent to paid up SASA members.
Please Note My CPD is not a accreditation body – E2 forward requests for points to one of the 18 approved accreditors on your behalf. CEU’s are recorded into the central database if the event organiser uses the My CPD software ONLY.
My CPD allows members to do the following online:
- Obtain Normal CEU's points,
- Obtain Ethics CEU's points,
- Access their CPD Certificates from events & congresses they have attended,
- Track their CEU status online to see what points are valid and see which have expired.
To access the My CPD section of the website members must login to the secure section of the website.
Click here to login to the secure section
- Obtain a certificate of attendance while at the International event.
- Apply to one of the 18 SA accreditors appointed by the HPCSA – if you wish to obtain the CEU’s for the International event – The accreditor will charge a fee – which could be as much as R500 exc VAT.
- Do not forward the certificate of attendance to the accreditor if you have the required 60 points (of which 10 must be ethics). Alternatively wait until you receive an audit letter from the HPCSA then forward to the accreditor (Note: accreditors will ONLY process an application for events that occurred during that Calendar year.
Healthcare practitioners have a responsibility to continually update their professional knowledge and skills for the end benefit of the patient or client. To this end the HPCSA has implemented a Continuing Professional Development (CPD)programme.
Every practitioner is required to accumulate 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) per twelve-month period and five of the units must be on ethics, human rights and medical law.
Each CEU will be valid for 24 months from the date on which the activity took place (or ended, in the event of post-graduate studies) after which it would lapse. This means that practitioners should aim to accumulate a balance of 60 CEUs by the end of their second year of practise, and thereafter top-up the balance through additional CPD activities.
Mandatory random audits are conducted to ensure compliancy. Once a practitioner’s name has been selected, they are required to submit a CPD portfolio to Council within 21 days.
Non-compliant practitioners will be given six months in order to comply. After the period of 6 months a practitioner will again be audited and if there is still non-compliance, the Professional Board will consider appropriate action.
Practitioners are required to submit their CPD portfolios ONLY when their names are drawn from a random sample audit and when requested to submit their completed form CPD 1 IAR with accompanying proof of CPD activities undertaken.
If you require assistance contact the CPD office at E2 – by phone during office hours on 011 340 9100 or e-mail
to download the HPCSA – CPD Guidelines – 2010 version (Please note this is a PDF document that will take at least 3 mins to download)
to download the approved accreditors: Medical and dental professions board PDF