SASA MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
SASA has different membership categories, based on geographical area, as well as the sector in which you practice.
The geographical areas are:
- Acacia Branch: encompassing Gauteng North, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, parts of North-West Province.
- Central Branch: encompassing the Free State and Northern Cape provinces.
- Eastern Cape: the Eastern Cape province.
- Gauteng Branch: encompassing Johannesburg, Southern Gauteng and Southern North-West Province.
- KwaZulu-Natal Branch: encompassing the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Western Cape Branch: encompassing the Western Cape Province.
A member can be full-time in the public sector, in the public sector with limited private practice or in full-time private practice. Non-specialist anaesthetists have the option to join SASA as an Associate Member. There are also categories of membership for Senior Medical Officers, as well as Trainees / Registrars (Junior Medical Officers). As part of contributing towards skills development of the South African nursing resources, SASA also has a Nurse membership category.
Please carefully select the correct option when applying for membership.